Diving in Candidasa
Diving in Candidasa
One of Bali’s most exhilarating dive sites
Candidasa remains the favorite dive site of many of our instructors here at Crystal Divers. The conditions can vary and with strong currents possibilities, this is for advanced divers only. The currents however often reward you with sightings of some of the bigger marine life found in Bali. Want to make the dives even more special? Then ask us about our Shark specialty course.
Visibility 15m – 30m+
Depth up to 40m.
Mimpang or Shark Point is comprised of a series of underwater and out of the water pinnacles. As the name suggests we often find sharks either lying on the sandy bottom taking advantage of the current washing over them or swimming around often circling in shallows above. The pinnacles provide some spectacular wall diving and due to the proximity of the site to the Lombokstraits and the currents around the site this dive is always exciting! Make sure you look out into the blue just in case you see something extra special!! Mimpang is a 5 minute boat ride from the beach in Candidasa.
Tepekong is a small island a 10 minute boat ride from the beach in Candidasa. According to local legend, the island was once inhabited by gods who took the form of goats. Underwater the rock formations are dramatic and even include an underwater cave swim through that starts at around 26m and goes up to around 18m. On the north side of the island also lies a large cave in which it is often possible to find juvenile white tipped reef sharks swimming around. Diving in Candidasa is an unforgettable experience, a must do dive!
Our prices include pick-up from Sanur, Kuta or Nusa Dua, snacks & drinks, lunch, Divemaster & Equipment rent. See our price list page for updated trip prices.
Additional information about diving with Crystal Divers.
- All our dive guides are Certified PADI Divemasters or Instructors.
- We have a 20 year safety record and we intend to keep it. Your safety is our primary concern.
- We always travel with 100% Oxygen on our trips.
- When you book with us please let us know if you are using the DIN system. We can handle both DIN/YOKE valves.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please inform your dive guide and we will provide you with remedies.
- If you have not been diving in the passed year out policy is that you do a Scuba Refresher. Read more about the new PADI ReActivate.
- You need to be physically fit when diving, you will have to fill out and sign a medical form when ever you are doing a course or program with Crystal Divers. This you can download from us.
- Our prices are inclusive of hotel transfer, lunch, soft drinks and snacks through out the dive day, certified inwater guide, rental equipment (tank, weights, bcd, reg, fins, mask, snorkel and a short wetsuite)
- If you have your own equipment (except tank and wights) we offer you 10% off on the original price.
- If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.